* 1767 – Established as postal office in Manila.
* 1779 – Created as a postal district of Spain.
* 1837 – Re-established as such on December 5.
* 1838 – Became a leading center of postal service.
* 1877 – Became a member of the Universal Postal Union.
* 1898 – Established as a postal service on the order of Philippine Revolution president, Emilio Aguinaldo.
* 1902 – Created as a bureau under the Department of Trade by virtue of Commission of the Philippines Act no. 426 on September 5.
* 1926 – Built in its present Neo-classic architecture.
* 1946 – Rebuilding after it was destroyed in World War II.
* 1987 – Named Postal Service Office under the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) by virtue of Executive Order no. 125 on April 13.
* 1992 – Became the Philippine Postal Corporation (its present name) by virtue of Republic Act no. 7354 on April 2.
Philpost has been in the business of mail delivery for over a century. We have the most extensive domestic acceptance, distribution, and delivery network. We are in every town, city, and in many barangays nationwide.
We have worldwide mail linkages that enable us to send mail to any part of the world, and our counterparts in the country of destination will see to it that your mails are delivered. This is made possible through our memberships in the Universal Postal Union (UPU) and the Asian Pacific Postal Union (APPU).
Most importantly, we offer the widest range of reasonably priced postal products and services to suit your mailing requirements.